Vitamin and nutrient deficiencies can cause fatigue, infection, hair loss, easy bruising, birth defects, headaches, depression and even cancer. Many medications and medical conditions inhibit the absorption of vitamins. At Hermann Wellness, we monitor vitamin levels. If you are deficient in a vitamin, we prescribe quality vitamins that are taken by mouth, injection or intravenously. We recommend IV vitamin therapy for people who have poor digestion of nutrients. Some of the conditions and factors that make it difficult to absorb vitamins consumed by mouth include:
- Low stomach acid
- History of gastric bypass surgery or gallbladder removal
- Bad bacteria or yeast in the gut
- Leaky gut
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
Typically, we will prescribe a weekly IV vitamin drip that contains a combination of B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and calcium. Some health care professionals call this combination of vitamins a “Meyer’s cocktail,” after the physician who first administered this combination 30 years ago. You may notice that you feel more relaxed and energetic after a vitamin IV. One of our providers will evaluate you to determine whether to continue therapy after your third or fourth treatment.
In addition to the Meyer’s cocktail, we may administer other vitamins such as:
- IV glutathione to help detoxify the liver and for heavy metal toxicities
- Higher-dose magnesium to stop migraines
- D-ribose to enhance athletic performance
- Higher dose B vitamins for B vitamin deficiencies
IV Nutrient Therapy
Myers Cocktail IV – $100 per IV
The Myers Cocktail IV therapy is the most common and sought out IV nutrient therapy given. Myers Cocktail was developed by the late John Myers, MD in the 1970s, which was an intravenous vitamin-and-mineral formula used to treat a wide range of clinical conditions. The Myers Cocktail we use in our office consists of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin C. Myers Cocktail has been found to be effective for treating conditions such as asthma, nutrient deficiency, migraines, fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome), fibromyalgia, muscle spasm, upper respiratory tract infections, chronic sinusitis, seasonal allergic rhinitis, chronic cough, cardiovascular disease, dysmenorrhea and other conditions.
ADD-ON treatments – $20 per add-on in addition to the $100 Myers treatment
– Glutathione IV Therapy add-on is used to strengthen the immune system through detoxification. Glutathione is naturally found in your body and a great antioxidant source. Glutathione traps the bad things in the body like free radicals and toxins and in return the body eliminates them to promote a healthier environment. This treatment yields excellent results across a variety of conditions, including but not limited to serious chronic diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease, severe toxicity, neurodegenerative diseases, Alzheimers, stroke, depression, asthma, liver disease, MS, central nervous system damage, kidney disease, lyme disease and cardiovascular disease.
– Vitamin C IV Therapy add on is used to support the immune system, fight infection, reduce inflammation and improve fatigue. This powerful antioxidant treats depression, fatigue, allergies, acute illnesses, promotes wound healing, etc. It takes an enormously large amount of oral Vitamin C to be effective and only if you can absorb and tolerate it. However, these larger doses can be given intravenously safely and effectively so your body can better absorb the Vitamin C and use it to your advantage.
IV Magnesium: While the Meyers cocktail contains some magnesium, higher doses of magnesium relax muscles. We use high dose magnesium to treat migraines and for insomnia with excellent results.
Call our office to make appointment with one our highly trained and experienced providers in St. Petersburg 727-278-3992 or Tampa 813-902-9559.