What You Need to Know about Tampa Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy from Tampa’s Own Expert!
As an author of nationally recognized research on bioidentical hormone therapy, Dr. Anne Hermann, MD has been treating men and women for 10 years in Tampa and St. Petersburg. Hermann Wellness takes a holistic approach and will offer non-hormone therapies for symptoms of PMS and menopause. If these therapies do not work or the patient is having severe symptoms, she recommends hormone replacement therapy for symptoms including:
- hot flashes
- weight gain
- sleep disturbance
- “brain fog”
- poor libido
- vaginal dryness
- skin changes
The medical community is learning that some forms of hormone replacement, called bioidentical hormones, have less side effects and less danger than standard hormones. Dr. Hermann personally trains and oversees all the staff and makes sure that patients are informed of the risks and benefits of Tampa Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) are always discussed with patients prior to treatment.
Hormone therapy is not recommended for women with the following:
- Current or past history of breast cancer (standard hormone therapy increase risk of breast cancer)
- Coronary heart disease especially if older than 60 or went through menopause more than 10 years ago
- A previous blood clot, heart attack, or stroke (standard therapy increase risk of blood clots and stroke)
- Women at high risk for these complications
- Reduces the risk of bone fracture caused by osteoporosis.
- Lowers risk of colon cancer
- Make women with menopausal symptoms feel better
- Reduces excess risk of blood clots, stroke, and breast cancer than standard treatments
- Cream can be absorbed as well as pills, eliminating the need to take additional pills