Stubborn forms of hyperpigmentation, like melasma, don’t always respond to brightening skincare products, even if you strictly follow a beauty regimen. In these cases, you may want to consider a Cosmelan peel. Specifically designed for dark spots and pigmentation, this chemical peel can noticeably even out your skin tone for a more radiant appearance.
Read on to learn more about the Cosmelan peel in Tampa and how it may help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
Cosmelan Peel Ingredients
The Cosmelan peel includes a particular combination of ingredients to treat dark spots and uneven skin texture, including:
- Azelaic acid works as a tyrosinase inhibitor to reduce melanin synthesis in the skin.
- Kojic acid is another tyrosinase inhibitor that provides potent antioxidant benefits to brighten the skin.
- Retinoic acid increases skin cell turnover and reduces melanin production.
- Ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, brightens the skin, reduces melanin production, and fights against oxidative stress.
- Phytic acid is a gentle exfoliant with antioxidant properties.
- Arbutin prevents tyrosinase from supporting melanin production.
What to Expect During a Cosmelan Peel
A Cosmelan peel is applied in-office by one of our trained practitioners. Before applying the peel, we’ll cleanse your skin to remove any excess oils or impurities. Then, the peel is applied topically and must be left on for eight to 10 hours. We’ll instruct you on how to properly remove the peel at home and care for your skin in the coming weeks.
In the months after your Cosmelan peel, you’ll notice that your skin is brighter and more even in both tone and texture. During this time, it’s essential to limit sun exposure and apply SPF to protect your skin, as it’s more vulnerable to sun damage. We may recommend a series of peels spaced three months apart, then ongoing touch-up treatments to maintain your results.
To learn more about the Cosmelan peel and how it may work for you, schedule an appointment at Hermann Aesthetics & Wellness in Tampa and St. Petersburg today!