The offices of Dr. Anne Hermann offer allergy testing to determine your triggers and will advise you in the steps to take to avoid many common allergies.
Below you will find a helpful guide to ways to avoid some of the most common allergens.
- If you live in an area of high humidity, use a humidifier
- Avoid mowing grass, handling mulch or walking through uncut fields
- Thoroughly dry clothes before storing
Pollens Pollens are tiny, airborne substances that are released by trees, weeds, and grasses. The following tips can help you avoid pollens year-round:
- Stay indoors when pollen counts are high
- Keep windows in your home and car closed and set your air conditioner to “re-circulate”
- When exercising, breathe through your nose
- Take allergy medicines, if necessary, 30 minutes before going outdoors
House Dust Mites Dust mites are invisible creatures that feed on shed skin and live in house.
- Keep house clean by vacuuming and cleaning curtains and bedding
- Change furnace and air conditioner filters often
- Use a dehumidifier to minimize humidity in your home
Animal Dander Pet allergies are triggered by exposure to the dead flakes of skin (dander) a pet sheds.
- Use a high-efficiency air filter and vacuum often
- Keep the pet in a room with a hard surface or wipe able floor
- Wash your pet weekly with warm water and soap
Anne Hermann, MD is double board certified in Internal Medicine and as a Physician Nutrition Specialist. To schedule your appointment, please call 813-902-9559.