[two_third]In addition to food allergy testing, we offer St Petersburg environmental allergy testing. You should be tested for environmental allergies when you continue to have allergic symptoms despite standard antihistamine treatment or if you do not want to take a daily antihistamine. We can use your results to prescribe allergy drops that are tailored to your results. Drops are as effective as allergy shots without the inconvenience of having to go to the doctor for a shot on a regular basis.
Below you will find a helpful guide to ways to avoid some of the most common St Petersburg environmental allergies.
Mold spores can be found indoors as well as outside. The following tips address outside allergens:
- Use a humidifier
- Avoid mowing grass, handling mulch or walking through uncut fields
- Thoroughly dry clothes
Pollens are tiny, airborne substances that are released by trees, weeds, and grasses. The following tips can help you avoid pollens:
- Stay indoors when pollen counts are high
- Keep windows in your home and car closed and set your air conditioner to “re-circulate”
- When exercising, breathe through your nose
- Take allergy medicines, if necessary, 30 minutes before going outdoors
Dust mites are invisible creatures that feed on shed skin and live in house.
- Vacuuming and clean curtains and bedding
- Change furnace and air conditioner filters often
- Use a dehumidifier
Pet allergies are triggered by exposure to the dead flakes of skin (dander) a pet sheds.
- Use a high-efficiency air filter and vacuum often
- Keep the pet in a room with a hard surface or wipe able floor
- Wash your pet weekly with warm water and soap
Our St Pete Beach office is located on the corner of Corey Avenue and Gulf Boulevard in the heart of St Pete Beach. It is convenient not only to residents of the beach communities, but also to the greater St Petersburg area.
To discuss St Petersburg Environmental Allergies or St Petersburg environmental allergy testing, please call our office at 727-278-3992.