PRP Hair Treatment
Hair loss can be frustrating, to say the least. Whether caused by genetics, hormonal shifts, the aging process, or certain health conditions, hair loss can cause your confidence to take a hit.
In the past, hair loss treatment options have been relatively limited. So, at Hermann Aesthetics and Wellness, we’re thrilled to now offer PRP hair treatment to help our patients combat hair loss.
What is PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma. It’s commonly used in regenerative medicine to stimulate tissue healing. When applied to the scalp for hair loss, PRP can help reverse hair loss and thinning hair.
The Steps of PRP Hair Treatment
- The first step of PRP hair treatment is to draw a small amount of the patient’s blood. The blood is then placed in a centrifuge, which rapidly spins it to separate its components.
- The centrifuge concentrates the platelet-rich plasma, removing it from the other components in the blood.
- Your doctor injects the platelet-rich plasma into the parts of the scalp that require hair growth.
How Does PRP Work For Hair Loss?
PRP is rich in healing growth factors that can trigger tissue regeneration. When this is targeted at areas of thinning hair, it can awaken dormant hair follicles to encourage new hair growth. Additionally, the growth factors in PRP can also thicken and bolster current hairs for a healthier, more voluminous head of hair.
Injecting PRP into the scalp also increases blood circulation to the hair follicles. This can boost the flow of oxygen and healing nutrients to the scalp, further boosting hair growth.
The Benefits of PRP For Hair Loss
- PRP is a minimally-invasive treatment for hair loss, making it a safer, more convenient alternative to hair transplant surgery.
- PRP stimulates natural hair growth, which produces a natural-looking result.
- PRP for hair loss can be adjusted according to each patient’s needs.
- PRP hair treatment requires no downtime or incisions.
To learn more about PRP treatment for hair loss, schedule a consultation with us today!