From the emotional impact of the diagnosis to the side effects of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, cancer can be traumatizing. Over the past decade, acupuncture has become an accepted part of cancer treatment centers all over the country, from Harvard’s Dana-Farber to the famed Mayo Clinic. In Tampa acupuncture for cancer treatment has been used for years to effectively help patients combat side effects. *Individual results may vary
As more physicians and hospitals offer acupuncture, the medical community has become less skeptical about acupuncture. Recent research shows the following: *Individual results may vary
- Effectively treats hot flashes and has no side effects compared to medication.
- Improves carpal tunnel syndrome 2:1 over steroid medication.
- Effective as standard anti-nausea medication typically used in chemotherapy.
- Aids physical therapy and replaces the need for medication.
- Significant improvement of joint pain and stiffness
- Increases saliva production at 3 and 6 months after treatment.
- Addresses depression and anxiety.
Dr. Anne Hermann has been using acupuncture for cancer patients successfully for years, both in her private practice and at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, where she was the medical acupuncturist in the Integrative Medicine Department. As an Internal Medicine physician and holistic medical practitioner, her goal is to help patients tolerate their treatments as well as possible.