What You Need to Know about St Petersburg Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy from St Petersburg’s Own Expert!
As an author of nationally recognized research on bioidentical hormone therapy, Dr. Hermann has been treating men and women for 9 years in Tampa Bay. Dr. Hermann recommends hormone replacement therapy when non-hormonal and natural therapies do not work in treatment of menopausal symptoms including:
- hot flashes
- weight gain
- sleep disturbance
- “brain fog”
- poor libido
- vaginal dryness
- skin changes
The medical community is learning that some forms of hormone replacement, called bioidentical hormones, have less side effects and less danger than standard hormones. Less risk does not mean no risk…the risks along with the pros and cons of St Petersburg Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) are always discussed with patients.
Hormone therapy is not recommended for women with the following:
- Current or past history of breast cancer (standard hormone therapy increase risk of breast cancer)
- Coronary heart disease especially if older than 60 or went through menopause more than 10 years ago
- A previous blood clot, heart attack, or stroke (standard therapy increase risk of blood clots and stroke)
- Women at high risk for these complications
- Reduces the risk of bone fracture caused by osteoporosis.
- Lowers risk of colon cancer
- Make women with menopausal symptoms feel better
- Reduces excess risk of blood clots, stroke, and breast cancer than standard treatments
- Cream can be absorbed as well as pills, eliminating the need to take additional pills
Anne Hermann, MD is double board certified in Internal Medicine and as a Physician Nutrition Specialist. To schedule your consult for St Petersburg BHRT, please call (727) 278-3992.