Microneedling is one of today’s most popular cosmetic treatments. Safe, minimally invasive, and effective for many different skin concerns, it can fit seamlessly into your beauty regimen.
Here’s everything you need to know about microneedling:
It’s Not Painful.
With the word “needle” in its name, it’s no surprise that some people shy away from microneedling. But, your aesthetician will apply a numbing cream to your skin before microneedling to eliminate any discomfort during the procedure.
Additionally, the needles used during microneedling range from 0.5 mm to 2 mm, and they don’t reach the deeper layers of the skin. You may feel slight discomfort as the microneedling pen moves over more sensitive areas of the skin, such as the forehead and jawline.
You’ll Likely Need Touch-Up Treatments.
Consistency is key for lasting results from microneedling. If you’re looking to fade acne scarring, you may need a monthly microneedling session to maintain your results. If you’re just looking to brighten and smooth otherwise-healthy skin, one session every three months will likely suffice.
Don’t Forget About Aftercare.
Though microneedling doesn’t require downtime, you’ll need to protect your skin after the procedure. You can do so by:
- Applying sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to your skin every morning (and reapplying as needed)
- Avoiding exfoliants and potentially-irritating ingredients for a week after the procedure. This includes retinol, retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin C.
- Using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer every morning and night
- Refraining from touching your face, which can get bacteria into your pores
- Avoiding intense physical activity, saunas, and other scenarios that may cause heavy sweating in the first few days after microneedling
At Hermann Aesthetics & Wellness, we offer Bellus Pen Microneedling with PRP, which pairs the benefits of microneedling with the healing power of platelet-rich plasma. To learn more about this exciting treatment option, schedule a consultation at our clinic today!