We offer allergy shots in the integrative medical offices of Dr. Anne Hermann, MD. Both allergy shots and allergy drops work to minimize the symptoms of allergies over a period of 3-5 years.
Below you will find information on the advantages and disadvantages of oral drops versus injections to treat your allergies:
Disadvantages of allergy shots:
- Shots must be administered 1-2 times per week in the doctor’s office
- Patients often experience swelling, itching, hay fever and even life-threatening anaphylaxis
- Costs of allergy shots are approximately 3 times more than allergy drops
Advantages of allergy drops:
- Drops can be administered in the comfort of your home
- Side effects are mild, which may include nausea or tingling in the mouth
- Monthly cost of allergy drops are approximately one-third the cost of allergy shots
For more information on allergy shots, view our blog: http://www.doctorhermann.com/blog/bid/152303/Allergy-Drops-in-Tampa-and-St-Pete
Anne Hermann, MD is double board certified in Internal Medicine and as a Physician Nutrition Specialist. To schedule your appointment, please call (813) 902-9559.
This post was written by Anne Hermann. Follow Anne Hermann on Google, Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin.